Thursday, May 15, 2008

My sister's (A)Effect

Last night I am cooking a quick meal. Rajma chawal is the leftover from y'day. Hubby is asleep.I decide to spruce up things a bit- i meant menu wise. I keep these delicious looking fries in the oven for baking.

"Lets eat maggi meanwhile.i can keep an eye on the oven.."

Maggi gets cooked. Maggi is consumed standing up on the kitchen shelf with one eye on the oven.

There is this awesoe documentary about chinese clothes shops...do they make GAP there too? Lemme watch this.

Hubby is still asleep..

Programme is good...they say that in the time we watched the documentary 20 children in china made 35 pair of jeans and got paid 95 cents for them. Moral Dilemma- to buy or not to buy Made in China ? Grey cells go off...

Hubby wakes up to strange smells...

"is all well? This place looks as if there is smoke in it...

Hey nothing, you are just sleepy..go off...do you need any food ? No? Good, sleep off.."

So if I buy those jeans, I am supporting the greedy factory manager and giving all profits to him ...if i dont buy..I wonder where will the Chinese girl get her next meal from?...

This place is kind of smoky...something is burning...is it..oh..can it be those fries......

FRIES...my beautiful lovely perfectly shaped fries are now pieces of black charcoal.

I think she has passed on her jinx to me.

2 comments:

008 said...

burning food is surprisingly not amongst my many talents. Burning,breaking, damaging almost everything else is.. but not food.

026 said...

ok..i believe that..maybe the jinx mutated while being transferred