Thursday, January 22, 2009

Movie Review: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I watched this movie solely coz Brad Pitt stars in it. I ended up enjoying it for everything else too. The LOR Cate B doesn't disappoint.The make up artist should win an oscar for this one as hubby and I both agree. The storyline is quaintly victorian- reminds you of the birtish classics more than american contemporary.

The only bothersome part was the long duration (2hrs 45 min) and the prolongation of some of the stages of Benjamin's life. The lady who has played Brad's foster mom is a super actress. I must look her up in wiki- and yes her arm heart touches u in this winter's cold. I think she is the best character drawn in the movie.

Though the movie is very well directed , casted and played, yet it doesnt touch your heartstrings too much...maybe coz we indians expect the film to be super melodramatic and full of emotional dialogues to make us cry.The exception was the scene at the end almost when Cate is holding baby Benjamin in her arms ..thats the most poignant part of the movie.You half expect the kid to start growing up again after the clock has been restored..

Ok, this review has revealed the plot too much i guess! But I would still recommend this to my fellow movie watchers.

Rating: 4.7/5

No comments: