Friday, February 1, 2008

One Week completed..

..In Uncle Sam's land.. I seem to have visited a decent number of places for a first time visitor- Walmart, Target store (3 times), Macy's, Patel's, and of course the fitness center!

I miss paapad...sigh.. I absolutely am amazed by the number of people in the gym- i have never seen so many people together in one place in the whole of minneapolis downtown!

So well, that is to say that unlike what most of us think- everyone in amreeca is not fat and obese (which gives me less company than i thought i would have!). I do not miss office at all..which is strange considering that 90% of my life in Hyd was spent in the office (or maybe thats why i dont miss it!)

I have already started liking the cold..and am experimenting with doing with fewer layers each time i use the skyway... I miss reading do rupaiya ka newspaper- the newspapers that come here for free are so crappy-they are worse than dainik jagran...and the normal ones at like $1.75 to $2...hardly worth it..besides no one delivers newspapers at the apartment which is totally insane! or maybe i will have to hunt around a bit for that..

Baaki, I am overall a little awed and amazed at this country- its got so much and thats becoz they have a govt which functions...i really dont know if i will be as proud an Indian when I return as when I came back!

No comments: